Let stones lead the way…
Choosing a gift for someone special or for a special occasion can be difficult. If jewelry is the goal, I suggest using the amazing, spiritual and beautiful gifts of Mother Nature. It is so inspiring to just think about the million years it takes for crystals to form. Some crystals can be formed in an element named carbon. And so, all crystal form the same way, atoms come together and become a uniformed cluster. Natural crystals that come from the Earth form the same way. These crystals were formed over a million years ago inside the Earth’s crust. The first type of rock, igneous rock, is also formed by the cooling and crystallization of magma beneath the earth’s surface (intrusive or plutonic), or it can be formed when lava flows at the earth surface (extrusive or volcanic). This gives you a little background on rock and crystal formation.
I submit that using either the modern birthstone chart or the 7 Chakras (energy points in the body that corespond to various crystals/stones and the healing/life affirming powers they possess. I am not a guru or a follower of one belief over another. I practice yoga and I just think this is a beautiful and meaningful way to choose a jewelry gift or, for that matter, a gift of a crystal on it’s own.
Here is a basic birthstone chart to use when choosing a piece of jewelry:
January- Garnet February- Amethyst March- Aquamarine April- Diamond May- Emerald June- Pearl, Moonstone July- Ruby August- Peridot September- Sapphire October- Opal, Tourmaline November- Yellow Topaz December- Turquoise, Tanzanite
Here is a very Th basic Chakra chart:
1. Root Chakra, at the base of the spine, the grounding chakra, Garnet, Black Tourmaline, Fire Agate
2. Sacral Chakra, 1-2 inches below the navel, center of emotion and sexuality, Carnelian
3. Solar Plexus Chakra, below the rib cage, center of personal power, Citrine, Tigers Eye, Moonstone
4. Heart Chakra, in the center of the chest at heart level, compassion, Peridot, Rose Quartz, Aventurine, Jade
5. Throat Chakra, communication, Amazonite, Angeline, Lapis, Turquoise
6. Third Eye Chakra, between the eyebrows, psychic power and intuition, Amethyst, Purple Fluorite
7. Crown Chakra, at the top of the head, spirituality and enlightenment, clear quartz, Amethyst, Diamond
These are some of several other renditions; a beginning so to speak, of learning this mode of thinking.
It is my hope that you will use my website to have a custom piece make with your choice of stone or that you will find a ready to purchase piece that fills the bill. I am open to hearing from you. In the mean time, get yourself to a yoga class, either online, or joining a class. You will not regret it!